Skeleton Crew Barley Wine
Between the intersection of cool and crazy, we present to you Skeleton Crew, a ridiculously big Fig Newton Barley Wine.
Skeleton Crew was first introduced in March 2020, while the city was in lockdown and we had a bit of spare time and tank space to play with.
- First brew Mar 8 2022
- Alcohol 10.8%
- IBU 44
- Appearance Clear, dark amber, approaching brown, with a ruby highlight to it. Thick off-white head
- Aroma Rich caramel, toffee, heavy Fig Newton, slight oakiness. heavy plum. slightly boozy aroma
- Flavour Strong and intense. Many layers, bread, toffee, biscuit, fruity, nutty
- Mouthfeel Very full bodied, viscous creaminess, warm alcohol feel, with low-to-moderate carbonation
- Key ingredients Munich and caramel malts, fig newtons, aged on American oak and figs
- Award ABA Gold Medal (2021), ABA Bronze Medal (2022)